Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Am Running My Butt Off!


A year ago I was finishing my participation as a test panelist for the book Run Your Butt Off .  Author Sarah Lorge Butler guided us through many weeks of making small, healthy changes in our diet, while introducing us to a running plan that would result in a much healthier lifestyle.

Well, I am living proof that the program works!  I am loving life and feeling better every day.  I am now injury free and decided to follow The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer book schedule towards running my first marathon in the Fall. 

I was so critical of myself when I saw the before and after pictures in the book; it took my 2 surviving children (now adults) to convince me that the after picture was much better than the before.  I think I look even better now.  I have lost more weight (I kept weight off over the holidays...I have never kept weight off over the holidays!) and I am now running longer distances without discomfort.



I look forward to starting the Rock 'n Roll Half marathon in September and my first marathon in October.  This Grammie is getting stronger every day!  If I can do it, anyone can!

Run Your Butt Off !

2 comments:

NattyBumpo said...

So, I am running in the Portland Marathon in October, but I ran the one in April to see what I needed to plan for. I can say with some authority, that fuel is a BIG thing that I did not plan for on the first one. A big carb load over a few days to build glycogen before hand and then consume way more carbs per hour than I did. I am looking forward to ramping my mileage up while introducing my 10 year old to the joys of long distance running this summer.

Oh, and shhhhh, you are the third to know this, I am thinking about doing a 50K in June next year. So mileage will be the king.

Darlene said...

Good for you.