Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why is Growing Old so Bad?

I watched Sunday Morning today on CBS.  The wonderful Patti Smith was interviewed by Anthony Mason.  I already loved her, but I love her even more because she made it clear she is proud of who she is today.  She is 65, not 25 and she wants to look her age.  I think she is beautiful, as beautiful as she was back in 1976.



http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57407610/patti-smith-an-artist-never-at-rest/?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

There is a disturbing movement in this country, women seem to think they should remain "youthful" forever.  What is so wrong with growing old?

Jane Fonda, who always said she would age gracefully, had plastic surgery.  I see her as the eternal hypocrite!



Joan Rivers is the poster "old woman" of plastic surgery.  I love her sense of humor, but she has a really scary face!   Give me wrinkles please!


A couple days ago I read an article where the eternally beautiful Susan Sarandon said she would consider some type of surgery.   I love her beautiful face just the way it is!



Katherine Hepburn never had surgery but was an amazingly beautiful woman until she died.


Lauren Hutton is aging so beautifully..so gracefully!


My mother was a beautiful young woman.


And she was a beautiful  88 year old woman too!


I am with Patti..what is wrong with being 55, 60, 65, 70 or 100?  The numbers represent a long life full of many memories!  I say be proud of the numbers...life is a precious gift...the more years the greater the gift!  I am grateful for the many "gifts" I have been given!

3 comments:

Teamarcia said...

You're so right Noel. I think the best age is the one each of us is at right now. The past has passed and there's no guarantee of a future for any of us.

Elle said...

Ditto... I sometimes wish I weren't getting older cause I still have so many things to do!

Grammie Brown said...

Marcia and Elle, I couldn't agree with you more!