Sunday, June 12, 2011

I FINISHED THE WARRIOR DASH!

Yesterday...after hyperventilating at the start of the Warrior Dash race (I panicked..why would anyone want to run a race like this...I was petrified of the "battleground"...what was I to expect?  I almost turned around and ran right back through the "start-line")...I continued on...I ran...walked...stomped...and struggled through the thick itchy mud...crawled through the black out on my hands and knees...almost broke my neck climbing over a hurdle...ran through a river...then a freezing, rocky creek....slowly maneuvered over the teetering traverse...maneuvered over logs, rocks and roots...imagined climbing a 20 foot cargo net while I walked around it...made my way though a web of terror...ran over tires...climbed over junk cars...jumped over fire ...and crawled through mud with pebbles underneath to avoid the barbed wire!  But...I made it...I finished the Warrior Dash! 

Maybe next year I will climb the 20 foot wall!

I finished 23 out of my age group...not too bad!

Three of my friends, Cheryl, Joni and Lori competed too.   They completed all the hurdles and two of them scaled the 20 foot wall!  I am so proud of them! 

Covered with mud at the end,we were triumphant!

Cheryl, me, Joni and Lori...the "Four Warriors"!


Next year I am going to do better!  I am going to not only work on my speed, but my core and upper body strength. 

Congratulations to all the Warriors....you are incredible!!!  It was a blast!!!!

I got a Warrior helmet for my grandson Alex...doesn't he look adorable!

My little Warrior Alex!



6 comments:

NattyBumpo said...

Aren't those "races" a blast. I am doing my second one in September. It will be a nice distraction to marathon training.

Grammie Brown said...

Yes, it was a blast! I can't wait to run it again next year now that I know what to expect. Great fun and wonderful participants!

Warrior Dash said...

The boy is so cute! He will be a future warrior dash for sure. That's wonderful that you definitely had a blast.

Grammie Brown said...

Alex is defintely a future "Warrior"!
As for me, I can't wait to run the Warrior Dash, PA next year!

Teamarcia said...

Congrats Noel! What an adventure! You all look great and Alex is so cute. My sister is doing the Warrior Dash here in IL this weekend.

Darlene said...

I'm impressed. We have 2 in my area but I'm afraid to try them.