Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weather

The Trail is gone!

The weather has been so unsettled lately..I can't imagine what the people of Joplin Missouri are feeling right now.  So many lives lost; such heartache.  But among the survivors there is so much inspiration, such determination that they will overcome and rebuild their town.

We had a tornado watch here last night.  Visions of Missouri swarmed in my head.  I called my grown children to warn them of the possibility..to keep themselves safe..my precious little Alex safe.

I took my doggies, Beauregard my cat and my pocketbook down in the cellar and we waited for what seemed a year.  We were very fortunate, no tornadoes touched down but we did have torrential rain fall!

This morning I went to my "morning trail" to run.  This trail follows the Raritan River into Morris County, New Jersey.  I went about 1.25 miles only to find the river had taken over the trail, the woods and the fields,  I could not go any further.  The force of mother nature is awesome and frightening at the same time.  I had to cut my run short in that direction, but I was counting my blessings, I could turn around and run in the opposite direction and complete my run.  Plus, unlike so many families in Joplin, Missouri, I still have my home, I am very lucky indeed!

If you would like to help the people in Joplin here is a link to some websites:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joplin-missouri-tornado-victims/story?id=13665690

No comments: