Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Picture perfect?



Yesterday I saw a picture of me that was posted on Facebook. I didn't recognize myself at first, and I was really taken back at how unhealthy I looked. I was so upset that such an "unattractive" picture made to such a "public" place.


<---Eww..there it is on the left! My arms look like ham hocks and my neck is ..well...its wrinkly! I apparently am eating...or about to make a profound statement...or using mouthwash...or....I don't know, what am I doing?


You know, a bad picture is really just a bad picture, but a good picture is better! I much prefer better pictures.


I have to admit I felt a little embarrassed and sad when I saw this picture, especially after how hard I have been working at getting healthy. My running has really improved and my weight has gone down almost 10 pounds since I started back in mid-February(averages 2-3 lbs a month, not bad). I have lost inches off my body and now have a waist, and a butt that doesn't look like a big triangle. As slow as my progress may seem to others, to me I have accomplished a lot. I owe it to my running program (and Sarah).


I know I am not "picture perfect", and I have a way to go yet, but the good part is that with each step I am closer to my goal. When I look in a mirror after one of my work-outs and see a sweaty, pink cheeked smiling lady, I think I look pretty darn good!

No comments: