Sunday, November 13, 2011

Onward!

I have slowly been getting back to my running schedule.  I do not like the shorter days with daylight savings time because I have to do my runs in the early morning.  I hope to increase my mileage this week to 16 miles; I know I can do it.

I feel sad that I might have to leave Califon, New Jersey.  It is a beautiful town and it has so much history with my family.  But my sister will want her share of the estate and I cannot afford to buy her half of the house plus pay my mother's final bills.  I guess I will figure it out in time; where ever I wind up it will be the start of a new "history"  for me.  Life is meant to continue.. never stagnant, always in motion.

Five years ago when my husband Tom and I came here to take care of mom (for what we thought would be a few months) I thought I would be back in Pennsylvania soon.  Now it is not clear where I will wind up; I guess it is quite the adventure!

I have my health...I have my work...I have my passion for writing, running, biking and walking.  I have so much to look forward to.  I am excited to move onward; to see what life has in store for me next!

One thing I know...I registered for the St Luke's Half-Marathon in April 2012 and this time I am going to finish!

St Luke's Half- Marathon

3 comments:

Lori said...

How wonderful to have the half marathon to train for! This will occupy your mind as well as your body. You have a great attitude regarding the changes coming your way. Think of it as an adventure! It'll be exciting! (((Hugs)))

Elle said...

I found your blog through the book Run Your Butt Off. I admire the work you did during those 12 weeks, and continue to do now.

I am doing my first half marathon in the Spring too. I hope to read about your training as I will be training, too.

Sorry to read about the recent loss of your Mother. So hard to say goodbye to beloved parents. I have done that too, Mother and Father.

The picture on your blog header is lovely.

You obviously have some decisions ahead of you... will wish you peace and ease as you do that, and continue to read your updates.

:)

Darlene said...

Good luck as you train for your first half marathon. I did my first last January at age 57 and now I have run 4 more..you get hooked on the longer ditance.