Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where Do I Go From Here?

I have to admit I am feeling a Little lost.  All the things I thought were important I now question.  I have the rest of my life to live and I am not sure how or where I want to live it.  I used to talk to my mother about "things" or my husband about "things"..but they are now gone.

I guess it just takes time to figure it out.  Not too much time...just a bit of time.

I am missing mom so much...believe me when I say I am raw and in pain.  My precious Aunt Alma, mom's 95 year old sister, was here the last few days going through some of my mother's "boxes of memories" keeping what needs to be kept and throwing out what can be let go.  I love Aunt Alma so much; she has been a second mother to me my entire life.  She and mom seemed like oil and water at times...and then the very best of friends.  Aunt Alma gave the most wonderful speech at mom's memorial service.  People who never met mom, or only knew her a little, walked away feeling they had known her forever.  What a gift to give to your little sister!

My mother gave me a gift.  When I was going through some of her "boxes of memories" I found a Little article she submitted to the Express Times back in 1990:



I never knew she wrote this little paragraph...thank you mom!  I think I was the one to get the "wonderful present"...the very best mother!

My beautiful wonderful mom!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Take care Noel and give yourself time to heal. What lovely memories you have.
(((Hugs)))