Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hello, Anyone Out There?


I found out that my friend Carole, who was going to train and run the New York City Half Marathon with me for Fred's Team (actually she talked me into it) has a serious achilles tendon injury and will have to take time off from running; she will not be able to run the NYC Half Marathon.  I feel for her because she was really committed, but injuries happen and she needs to make sure she takes the time she needs to heal.  My thoughts and prayers are with her.
I now feel very much alone in my training.  I have a difficult time getting into New York during the week when Sloan Kettering has their training sessions.  So I am looking for anyone out there who is training for the NYC Half Marathon that I could connect with...I am very slow, but any support would be welcome!

2 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Darn it Noel, I wish I were closer. I'd train with you in a heartbeat. I hope you find someone!

Grammie Brown said...

Thanks Marcia..I would love training with you too if it were possible! You are such an inspiration to me.