Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time...

My mother is so very close to death.  I want to be with her all the time, but it is not feasible.  I need to work to pay my bills, plus most of her bills.  No one is able to help me with this financial burden so I have to work.  I do not have a lot of time to take off from work; I am with her as often as I can.



I do bike and run when I can..it keeps me from going completely bonkers.



My dad passed 21 years ago and it took me a long time to stop crying constantly over his loss (I still cry sometimes because I miss him so much). 



Tommy passed 6 years ago and I will never stop crying..he was my first born...my precious son!



Tom, my husband, passed 3 years ago..I miss him and I feel so angry that he is not here with me now.  It wasn't supposed to be like this.  We were supposed to have the next 30+ years together.  But I am grateful for the time we had...so grateful!



I was so inspired by Steve Job's commencement address at Stanford University class of 2005:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other
people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out
your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow
your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want
to become. Everything else is secondary."


 

I do not want to listen to the negative thoughts or comments directed at me.  I may have 30+ years or minutes left of my life.  It is up to me to make the most of that time.  What others think may be a help or may be a "put down".  I refuse to listen to those who would reign me in...keep me isolated.  I plan on living the rest of the life I have been given to the fullest..to the happiest..to the most productive..to the most joyful and creative!  I do not have time for negativity!

I love you my wonderful mom...you lived your life to the fullest and I intend to live my life the same!

2 comments:

Evolving Through Running said...

Very sorry to read about your mother. Your attitude about things is great right now. That's one of many Steve Jobs quotes I've seen in the last couple days that have really resonated with me. I'm glad you have running to help find some peace.

Grammie Brown said...

Thank you! I love to run..it keeps me sane and it keeps me healthy.
.