Friday, October 14, 2011

Running When I Can!!



I am still running, but not at the same level.  This week so far I have run 4 1/4 miles and I have biked 24.25 miles.  I am planning on running 4 miles tomorrow making my weekly total 8 1/2 miles.  I also plan on adding another 6 biking miles, for a total of 30.25 miles.

Today, according to the hospice nurse, my mother is "still hanging in there"...I guess that means she is not dead yet.  I am not completely happy with this hospice the nursing home "likes" so much.  They were suppose to give me at least weekly updates..I finally got my first "update" today after two weeks and leaving several messages.

I go and see my mother at various times..often I am there early in the morning.  I arrived early..8am..yesterday morning to find my mother in bed, smelling of urine and feces...her lips were dry and peeled, her eyes dry and contracted.  I looked around for an aide, but was told the hospice aide was to care for my mother.  The hospice aide arrived at 8:20am and said the usual aide could not make it because the usual aide was on vacation and she was a replacement.  I did not want to get upset in front of my mother because she does still have hearing. I pointed out my mother's condition calmly and thoroughly..even though I wanted to scream!

This morning, after a night of little sleep because I was worried about my mom, I went to the nursing home even earlier than yesterday and I was relieved to find my mother had been given attention to her oral care and her eyes had been given drops so they were well hydrated.  She was clean and appeared comfortable.  I give the aides at the nursing home credit for this..not the hospice aides. 

I will continue to keep a close eye on my mother's care.  She is at the end of her life and she deserves the very best care..any less is criminal! 

I will not accept anything but the best. That is why I chose Country Arch Care Center because they had the best reputation; they have provided exceptional care to my mother.  But this hospice the owners of Country Arch recommended..is questionable. 

I will be watching!

2 comments:

TxOkWa said...

Still saying prayers for you and your mother. We had an outstanding hospice during my father's last months of life. We were able to keep him at home until the very end. Is there another hospice you could use?

✿islangurl said...

Keep running girl =) It is great therapy & keeps you fit and trim! God Bless you and your mom.