Sunday, September 12, 2010

Journey

I have been trying to increase my mileage over the past month. I am now up to 4 miles and I love it! I am still slow, but if I incorporate speed training I am sure my mileage will improve. The question is, do I want to incorporate speed training? I always hated it in the past and only did it because I felt I "had" to. But if I want to get faster, I need to train.
In life we have many choices to make, some are easy but many are not so easy. Sometimes things happen out of our control and we are faced with incredible hardships. Through it all we do have some control. Some times we are at fault for what happens, but sometimes we are the victims. No matter what, we still have choices, we can change our ways and we can overcome any hardship if we truly want to. Bad things happen all the time to everyone. Many bad things have happened in my life. Many of them were out of my control, but many were also my fault. We can't hold onto these events, just learn from them and move on. I cannot blame something that happened to me 40 years ago for a mistake that I made today. I have to take responsibility for my mistakes and learn from them. Life is a journey, it can be a joyful one, or it can be a miserable one, it is YOUR choice. I choose to think of my life as a joyful, exciting journey. Yes, I lost my precious son Tommy, but what a wonderful son, brother and grandson. He was a great blessing. I lost my husband after we remarried. I thought we would be together for 20 or 30 more years, but I was wrong. I wouldn't trade one moment of our time together. He was my partner, my love, my strength.
Will I incorporate speed training? Yes, I think I will, only because I have a goal of running faster. I believe we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves. Life is a challenge, but the rewards are worth it! I don't want to walk away from any of life's challenges, there is just too much to be gained from them, too much to be learned!

No comments: