Sunday, July 17, 2011

Love Bike Rides!

Okay, I planned on running 8 miles today, but this morning it was already too hot and I just did not feel like running!  So I traded my bike ride scheduled for tomorrow with my run for today.


This afternoon I loaded up my Trek bike and went to High Bridge.  I rode the 11.3 miles to Long Valley and then rode back..a total of 22.6 miles.  It was an incredible ride through Hunterdon County into Morris County.  I passed through the Ken Lockwood Gorge, through the beautiful town of Califon  and over the many bridges that cris-cross the Raritan river along the old railroad path.




The Columbia Trail
The trail was cool compared to the 90-plus temperatures on this hot July day.  What a glorious ride, on a glorious day!


Tomorrow I will run my 8 miles with my metronome...but today I had a wonderful time riding my mountain bike!
The trail passes the old train station in Califon (with Farmer's bike parked in front).

No comments: