Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Metronome and Cadence...ChiRunning...Tic-Toc!

Today I ran 3 miles at Vorhees State Park. I tried hard to maintain my forward leaning stance, soft knees while keeping my arms swinging back and forth from my elbows. I felt relaxed and strong at the same time. I did not use the metronome; the last time I used it another runner expressed his annoyance at the “clicking”.  I will use it tomorrow and keep the volume down; I need to work on increasing my cadence.




Tomorrow I will be running 8 miles; I am sure many runners will be pass me. After all I am a 58 year old woman who does not like to get out of first gear(as Kathy Griest reminded me).  Regardless of my "routine", I am committed to moving into second gear, then to third and eventually to fourth gear! I just need some time!

Yesterday I ran around Vorhees State Park for 70 minutes. I ran over trails with steep hills and trails that were rocky and full of roots. I had the time of my life! I know I ran at least 5 to 6 miles, but since I didn’t wear my Garmin I am not certain of the distance. But I am certain of how happy I was…running free like a child again!

No comments: