Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Three Minutes

Yesterday at First Strides my group's Mentor thought that she had miscalculated our last 3 minute run by 1 minute. I knew we did run the full 3 minutes and so did a number of other ladies in my group. It made me think of how often I think I am "short" of my goal; so short that I may give up. I, and many other women, spoke up and insisted we had indeed run the entire 3 minutes. It was an empowering moment, we had reached our goal and we were not going to be cheated out of it.

I am determined not to give up, not only on my running program but on all areas of my life. I am determined to take control of my life. I will not make excuses by blaming others for the things I am responsible for...I will take responsibility for the decisions I make for myself.

Life is technically longer than 3 minutes, but in the scheme of things I sometimes think it is more rapid than 3 minutes. I do not want to waste one minute of the life I have been given!

No comments: