Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CHANGE OF PLANS

Last night I attended my First Strides Group. I am in awe of the incredible women in the group. All have a different story to tell, but all have one thing in common, the desire to be healthy and the desire to RUN! There isn't one lady there that isn't smiling and enjoying every minute.

I realized last night that I can't "burn a candle at both ends" so I am suspending my 10 week running program on my treadmill and now only following the First Strides schedule. It is too much stress on my body to do both, and I really need to concentrate on running outside on the trail or road. This week we do 3 workouts of a 5 minute warm-up, 4 minutes easy with 2 minutes running times 3, and finish with at least 5 minutes of a cool-down. We stretch before the work-out and after the work-out.

I feel really good about my progress on the treadmill(I did make it to week 9); I am confident I can easily run 30 minutes straight on a 0% incline, 4.5 speed treadmill. Mark Wills-Weber's 10 Week Training Plan works!

However, running outside is much harder and since I am now part of the First Strides Program I need to follow their schedule. The small hills last night felt like mountains to me. I need to increase my running with care...slow and safe!

Today was an "easy" day, so I just took a nice walk on the Par Course at Vorhees State Park. I did the push-up station and sit-up station too, plus the stretching stations. It was so relaxing after a day of "problems" and sitting at my desk!

I am so happy that Spring is here and Summer is not far away! I have been watching to see if "my" little Humming Birds return. Their feeder is ready and I am watching!

No comments: