Friday, March 18, 2011

Cupcake Marathon...yum-yum!



I entered the virtual Cupcake Marathon, sounded like so much fun!  You run 26.2 miles, and you have 2 weeks to do it!   You just have to document your runs...as proof.  You can download your workouts from your Garmin or take pictures of your treadmill with your bib to verify your mileage.

Well...my Garmin is not cooperating and my printer is not printing..so I haven't been able to print out my "bib" yet...what to do, what to do.  I did hand-write my own bib and photographed it next to the mileage on my treadmill.  But most of my miles are run outside and I didn't know how to document them.

I emailed the "Cupcake Marathon" and they told me not to worry, that a log is okay...they "honor" the honor system.  Yippee, I will continue...I am no threat to the one who will win this marathon...virtual or real...I am always slow!  I just want to finish....and finish I will!

I also intend to bake and eat my cupcakes too...the "Cupcake Marathon" sent a delicious cupcake recipe..as my grandson Alex would say, "yummy, yummy in my tummy"!

3 comments:

Cathie Baker said...

Very cool idea!

I found your blog through the Run Your Butt Off book and have read all of your posts!

You are an inspiration to all of us beginning runners! I am doing the Couch to 5K and completed Week 3 Day 3 this morning

Cathie Baker
Arlington, TX

Grammie Brown said...

Thank you for your kind words...they are inspirational to me! I think that running gives one a feeling of health, strength and confidence. Once you cross the finish line after your 5K, regardless of your time, you will feel great! Believe me, I was as slow as...no slower than molasses, and I still felt like I won the Olympic gold medal!

Darlene said...

I entered it too. Glad to find your blog - We young at heart runners need to stick together.