Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life goes on....

Two handsome men: my son Steve and brother-in-law Al, in front of my house in Pennsylvania

I once had a house, well a half-double house, in Pennsylvania.  I bought the house after living many years in a 2 bedroom apartment, sharing a room with my daughter and my 2 boys sharing the other bedroom.  My house was small, but cozy and I was proud that I was able to buy my own home.  I had 2 other houses when I was married, but then there were 2 incomes, with only my income my choices were limited.
I couldn't wait to have gardens and a hammock.  I turned the front yard into a rose garden (with some perennials) and the backyard into flowering bushes and room for a very comfy hammock (LL Bean hammock). 
My house had a beautiful porch; I loved sitting on my porch rocking on my sliding bench, especially at night.  I stenciled my favorite things above the door and on the steps.  I planted my favorite flowers in the 2 flower boxes and I hung my favorite baskets...bridal veil..so lovely!
I kept my house clean..cluttered at places, but very clean.  I terminated any cobwebs, dirt foot prints, dust and attended to any misplaced belongings.  I loved my house, my home.
But then Tom and I (we remarried after our son Tommy passed away) moved to Califon to take care of my mother.  The house in Easton would never be the same. Now it has bags of garbage, broken flower pots, and clutter all over the front porch (the porch I painted every Spring has not been painted since I left), the house that was my pride and joy is beautiful no more.
Life is full of changes and I know it is wrong to hold onto the past.  There will be a chance to beautify my home again, and I will read books in my hammock and savor the beauty of my new flowers.  Life will continue to move ahead; so much happiness exists in my life!
I am holding onto the goals I have set for myself; positive goals.  I will run the Half-Marathon and the Warrior Dash.  I will continue to over-see my mother's affairs because I love my mom. I have many friends and I am blessed.  Life is oh so good!

No comments: