Monday, December 5, 2011

Rebirth!

I have been so devastated over the past 6 years.  I lost my oldest (and wonderful) son Tommy, I lost my husband (the love of my life) and my mother (how blessed I was to have such a special mom).

Today I realized that I am now going through a rebirth...a life without my mother and father...a life without my husband...a life without my precious first born child.

I feel that my mother's passing initiated this new phase of my life.

A month after mom died her Will was probated and I was officially established as her Executor.  I cried after leaving the Surrogate's office...it hurt so much to realize she was really gone from this life.

Mom's attorney will handle the negotiations with Medically Needy Program.  Other bills will need to be paid too...it is too early to know if there will be an inheritance.


I am developing...

I have to figure out where I will go...I wish I could stay at my family home, but due to complicated family matters I don't think it will be possible.  Other options are there..I just have to figure it out.


I am growing...




I will run my first half marathon 7 months after mom passes.  I will run in her honor...Tommy's honor and my Tom's honor.

I will continue to grow..to heal...to slowly blossom.


A beautiful rose blossoms.


I am ready for my new adventure!


A little baby is ready to be born!


Like a baby ready to be born, I am going to embrace this new phase of my life.  I am being reborn...there may be some things I cannot control, but there are more that I have complete control over!

Do you ever feel you have the power to make positive changes after painful experiences?  I would love to hear your story!

1 comment:

Elle said...

How exciting to be able to shape your life to be exactly what and who you want. To start anew.

Lots of decisions and unknowns.

I love the picture on the heading of your blog. It reminds me of a walk through the woods on a nearby island park.

I am so interested to read about the training for your upcoming half marathon, too. I am going to start training for my first one soon and it will be run in May.