Monday, October 11, 2010

What a Beautiful Fall Day!

I was feeling terrible last week.  I had lower back pain and severe pain in my right hip.  I also had severe cramping.  I couldn't run at all last Thursday, only walking one mile.  I found out that my problem originated from my piriformis muscles; the muscles that lie deep behind the gluteals.  They are responsible for the external rotation of the hip joint and when they are tight.....ouch!!!! 

Beginning Thursday I started doing several flexibility and strengthening exercises.  I felt better by Saturday, but only ran 1 mile on the treadmill.  I took a "rest day" yesterday. 

This morning I tried running my short distance; 3 miles.  After a few aches during the first mile, I found my stride and finished my run with ease, although I was running at a very slow pace.  I felt energized after my run! 

I will be doing my flexibility and strengthening exercises every day.  I also will be more consistent in my ab and core work.


I did my run at my favorite place..the Columbian Trail. I hope you enjoy the pictures! What a beautiful Fall day!




 The entrance to the Columbian Trail starting from High Bridge going towards Califon, New Jersey


The view from the railroad bridge at the Ken Lockwood Gorge along the Columbian Trail

Returning from Califon back to High Bridge, New Jersey, I approach the railroad bridge at the Ken Lockwood Gorge.

The Columbian Trail, it is so beautiful!

No comments: