Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nature

I love nature, even more than I love running.  I am fortunate that I can combine both passions; running in the woods and exploring nature at the same time.  I am constantly reminded of how precious life is, not just because I lost my son and husband, but because many species are endangered.  Somehow we need to learn to live together in harmony.  I have included 3 links with this post that I believe give insight to how important it is for us to cherish each other..after all we are creatures of nature...no better, no less.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/ct-bear-has-sweet-spot-for-bird-feeders

I love that this bear has been named "Knucklehead" by residents even if the DEP calls him bear #49.  I also loved that one commenter mentioned bear.org!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnSctuR4xHo
I have not been a fan of Angelina Jolie, but I am a huge fan of Jane Goodall.  Over time I have developed a lot of respect for Angelina Jolie because of her humanitarian work.  She is also doing so much to advocate for the preservation of chimpanzees. 


http://www.bear.org/website/lily-a-hope/research-updates/659-rain-rain-and-more-rain-.html
What can I say, any post about Lily and Hope is exciting and educational.  Thank you Dr. Lynn Rogers and Sue Mansfield for your incredible research! 

We need to respect our resources, respect other living creatures in order to maintain nature's balance.  Life on this earth is so precious, I am so grateful for this life I have been given!

Nature is so intrinsically beautiful!

No comments: