Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good-bye my friend!


I went to a funeral service today for a wonderful, incredible man named Harry.  Harry cared so much for all people, regardless of sex, race, religion or diagnosis.  He was truly a "force of nature".  He touched so many people's lives.  He was passionate, a tireless advocate for those who were the most vulnerable.

Harry and I had an interesting relationship.  I loved him with all my heart, but he scared me.  I respected him as a co-worker and I appreciated his sense of humor...I especially cherish our frequent bantering.  But he never seemed to have clear objectives in life...how can you commit to someone who does not know what they really want in life?

At the end, Harry's legacy was what he gave to others..and he gave far more than he took...he was a generous, loving soul.  He was a renegade who never followed the rules.  After all, rules meant some really needy people got nothing.  Harry made sure that those who were in dire need got what they needed even if it meant bending the rules.  There are a whole lot of people out there that love him and are incredibly grateful to him.

I love him and I am so grateful he was in my life.  To be his friend was a blessing and a privilege.

Rest in peace Harry...you will be missed and you will be cherished forever!

Life is a gift, how we live our lives is up to us.  Taking the road towards a healthy lifestyle is so important!  I do not want to take for granted one second of this life I have been given.  Maybe I am not ready to run that marathon right now, but I am running faster and longer than I could six months ago and that in itself is so very rewarding!

2 comments:

Teamarcia said...

I'm sorry for your loss Noel.
You are progressing beautifully with your running! Be very proud.

Grammie Brown said...

Thanks Marcia!