Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Running on Love

I am back!  I have been running on the trails the past 3 days and I feel strong.  I need to work on my speed, but I am so happy being outside running with the sun shining and the birds singing..thank God winter is finally over!  I signed up for a half-marathon in September ( making my doctor happy).  I will train wisely and carefully..I know that I am not 20 years old, but I am not over the hill either!

I now have diagnosed myself with "Royal Wedding Fever"; I love Prince William and Kate Middleton.  I wish the best for them.  I remember how I woke up early back in1981 to see beautiful Diana marry the not so beautiful Charles.  It was an incredible wedding.  After the wedding things didn't go perfectly for the couple, but they had two wonderful sons. 

Diana did become the "Queen of Hearts".  The way she embraced the terminally ill...children with aides...children who were victims of land mines...she was a very special lady.  I just loved her!

So I will be up at 4:00 am to watch this wedding...with my Fascinator hat on...loving every second!

Then I will take a run..3 miles or more...running on Romanticism...running on love! 

My Fascinator hat!

5 comments:

Teamarcia said...

I love the royal wedding frenzy and will be up watching as well! Cute hat!

NattyBumpo said...

I am happy that you are running. I will not be up watching the Royal Nups as on my coast it will be at 1:00am. NO desire to be up at that time of day for ANY reason other than a great party that I am ACTUALLY at. Cute hat though.

Grammie Brown said...

I am running only short distances, very slowly, but I am feeling better.
I love the Fascinator hat too!

Darlene said...

Glad you are back! When is your half? I have one Sept 25.

Grammie Brown said...

I registered for the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia. The date is September 18, 2011. I think the course is perfect for a first half marathon.