Saturday, April 2, 2011

Recovering!

I was amazed at how good I felt after being on antibiotics for a few days.  I guess I didn't realize how sick I was!  I was achy, tired, my neck was sore and I felt like my ears were full of water for quite a while before I finally went to a doctor. 

I read many blogs on running and it seems there are a few of us out there that try and minimize our aches and pains, continuing to push ourselves when we should be taking time off to rest.  I think I learned a lesson: to listen to my body.

My mileage this week is way below normal, 10.56 miles.  But today I ran 4 energetic miles!  I haven't run that fast or that effortless in over 2 months.  I guess I did need some time off to heal.

Whether I run the half marathon in May remains to be seen.  Maybe I will have to lower my expectations and run a slower time.  I guess I will see how my training goes over the next few weeks.

Love my trails!

I do love running!  I am a "runner" whether I run a race or not.  I am so grateful that I have the ability to run...to run as fast or as slow as I desire...to run free, and with joy!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Glad you are feeling better! I long for the day when I can run an effortless 4 miles! Enjoy Spring!