Friday, April 8, 2011

SICK AGAIN!

I finished the antibiotics my doctor prescribed for me on March 28, 2011 on April 1, 2011.  The medicine was suppose to keep working for 5 more days, but on April 6, 2011 I woke up with excruciating pain in both my ears and in my sinuses.  I went back to my doctor and he said the infection had not resolved, so he put me on a different, more potent antibiotic.  I had a horrible upset stomach this morning; I think it was from the medicine. I did feel a little better tonight.  I have to make sure I take the antibiotic with food...I took it without food last night.

I am worried about the half marathon I am supposed to run in May.  I have not kept up with my training schedule the last 3 weeks because of my illness.  I am in a quandary...do I run or do I look forward to another half marathon?

Has anyone reading this ever experienced the same barriers?  Did you pick up your training as nothing ever happened...did you modify your training and go on to run the half marathon? 

I would appreciate any advice...any comments.

Meanwhile I will leave you with an inspirational article; I hope I am able to accomplish what Gladys has accomplished in 92 years:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42427918/ns/us_news-life/?fb_ref=story_text&fb_source=profile_oneline

3 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this!
I wouldn't rule out your May half just yet but back off your training as you see fit...most likely slow your pace and shorten some runs if you have to. Better safe than sorry.
I've got some low-grade, long lasting bug hanging on as well and my running is suffering.
Feel better!

Grammie Brown said...

Thanks Marcia!
I am sticking close to home since I seem to have about 70% of the "side effects" of this new medication, but it is getting rid of the ear/sinus infection. I am using the treadmill for most runs.
Hope you are feeling better!

Lori said...

Sure hope you feel better soon! I have no words of wisdom as I'm just beginning to run. Do what your body let's you know it can do. Take care!