Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beautiful Fall Day!

Today was a beautiful Fall day.  It started off cold but became "cool" later on in the afternoon.  I ran 4 miles this morning at the Columbian Trail.  The temperature was 32 degrees F when I started, and 43 degrees F when I finished. Then  I went on a 5 1/4 mile bike ride later in the day when it was 51 degrees F.  It was an awesome day!

This past week has been difficult in that I have been battling a head cold...sneezing, sinus pain and a sore throat.  I ran 3 miles Monday, but only 1 mile Tuesday, and sick, sick, sick  Thursday!   I felt better Sunday and had a goal of running 3 miles at Vorhees State Park.  Unfortunately half way into my second mile I tripped and fell, skinning my right leg and cutting up my left knee.  I continued running with my legs stinging(and bleeding)  until I finished my second mile.  After getting into my car and starting home I realized I wasn't hurt that badly,  so I drove to a less rocky, rooty trail and ran my third mile (under 11 minutes!).  I felt great!

The only problem today was that I still didn't have my computer back from Best Buys.  I had a virus that the Geek Guys from Best Buys told me was from Facebook; it took over my computer, imitating my virus software.  I couldn't do anything because there was a big blue square in the middle of my screen.  The Geek Guys said I would have my computer back yesterday, but they told me today that my computer is still being "diagnosed".  I hope I get my computer back soon!  In the mean time I picked up an Acer lap top; this little guy is tiny and cute!  Now at least we have a back-up when we need it!

I have to say that my Columbian long sleeve turtleneck Omni-Dry shirt kept me really warm and dry during my run this morning; I highly recommend it!  I am not looking forward to the winter months, cold with little sunlight, but I am determined to maintain a positive outlook.  I will continue to run, with my petzl headlamp on, in my warm comfortable running clothes!

 Life, like nature, has seasons...each one unique, each one special!

No comments: