Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let Go of Negatives

I have struggled all my life with being told how ugly I am and how it would be so much better if I had never been born.  This message was sent from one of my immediate family members all of my life.  My mother and father never, ever said anything but loving, positive things to me.  I also had the most wonderful Aunts and Uncles and the very best grandparents!  I have been blessed.

But I let the negative messages invade my life because I thought I was somehow able to make things better for that family member, but I now realize that this person needs to make things better on their own; I am not responsible for their happiness.  As a result I have cut off all communication with this person and I feel such peace!  I will have to be in contact with them at some point in the future, but for now I have my own space.

We care about those around us, but sometimes we need to create space in order to survive.  No one can grow without nourishment.



My beautiful sons Tommy and Steve and me.

My beautiful daughter Alison and adorable grandson Alex.  I have a beautiful family!



Running has given me the confidence to move ahead in life; to set and achieve my life's goals.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are ugly...you are beautiful...life is special and you are special too!

1 comment:

run with Jill said...

Yes, I've been there before. I had a coach tell me (at a young age) that I was slow and not skilled enough to make it far in soccer. It destroyed me for awhile, but I finally decided to prove him wrong. I had to ignore his comments and believe in myself. I ended up with a Division I college scholarship.

Stay strong. I keep positive quotes around me everywhere and it keeps me going and keeps me on the positive.

thanks for sharing this. I think a lot of people are in your shoes or have been.