Friday, November 26, 2010

Blue Blood versus..uh...Grizzly Mama!

Maybe not "dumb and dumber", but they say "silly and sillier" things!



I admit, I voted once for George W. Bush.  I didn't vote for him because he was a "blue blood", I had reasons that made sense to me at the time.  I do appreciate that he is an avid runner.  I loved the "I am a Runner" article written about him back in October 2002:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--12357-0,00.html


I personally feel that Sarah Palin's recent remarks labeling Bush a "blue blood" are very prejudicial; she seems to polarize people.  My November 24, 2010 post discussed her major gaffe of saying North Korea is our ally.  Today, as reported on CNN, she "defended" her remarks on Facebook: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/26/palin-delivers-a-gaffe-filled-message/#more-137089 

"It seems they couldn't resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline," Palin wrote. "The one word slip occurred yesterday during one of my seven back-to-back interviews wherein I was privileged to speak to the American public about the important, world-changing issues before us."  In trying to "defend" her mistake Sarah attacked President Obama for some of his mistakes over the past few years, but his are minuscule compared to Sarah's almost daily blunders.  After seven back to back interviews she should have had her facts straight; no excuses Sarah!


Now back to the Bush versus Palin, the "blue-blood" versus the "grizzly mama", since both are known for their colorful quotes, lets see who is better at being ridiculous.

Round one:


"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12,2009


''Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.''—Sarah Palin, CBS interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 25, 2008


Well...hmmm...Sarah wins!


Next:


"People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few people? Of course I do." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2008


''All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years.''—Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008


Ahh, Sarah wins!


Next:


"I want to share with you an interesting program -- for two reasons, one, it's interesting, and two, my wife thought of it -- or has actually been involved with it; she didn't think of it. But she thought of it for this speech." --George W. Bush, discussing a company that improves access to clean water in Africa, Washington D.C., Oct. 21, 2008


''Dr. Laura: don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend. rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence'' isn't American, not fair'')''—Sarah Palin, in a Twitter message coming to the defense of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the talk radio host who apologized and decided to retire from her highly-rated program after using the N-word on the air 11 times in 5 minutes, Aug. 18, 2010


Sarah is in the lead!  


Next round:


"I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008


''I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out.''—Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

And Sarah Plain is the winner of the Silly Quote Contest! 

Congratulations Mama Grizzly!


You know, I can't help but think that even though there may be political differences, runners are amazing people.  There is something about the discipline of running vs the freedom of running that attracts unique and special people.  We come from all walks of life, and I think the majority of us respect our differences as much as we share a passion for running. 












No comments: