Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GOAL

I have a goal of finishing a marathon.  I do not care how long it takes me, I just want to finish.  I registered for the River Towns Marathon: http://www.active.com/running/danville-pa/river-towns-marathon-and-half-marathon-2011?act=EMC-RegConfirmation&Version=Running&Event=&Property=Active&Sections=Body&Creative=RegConfFor&ArtText=Txt_1&Content=Event_Details.
I have a goal of running the marathon under 7 hours.  It may sound like a long time for many, but for me it is realistic.


My 6 foot son Steve walks briskly as my grandson Alex jogs to keep up!  This picture was taken at one of my favorite places to run, the Ken Lockwood Gorge!

I will never win the Boston Marathon or the New York City Marathon, or even a local race.  But I can be the best I am, and I am proud of my accomplishments!  I am running this marathon for me, for my cherished son Tommy and for my beloved husband Tom.  I hope that my son Stephen, my daughter Alison and my precious grandson Alex will be there to cheer me on...
Life is an adventure..live and love every moment, you never know when it is your last!

No comments: