Thursday, November 18, 2010

Loving

I write a lot about my running goals on this blog, like my goal of running my first marathon in May 2011. I also encourage people to get rid of the negative influences in their lives.  But underneath it all I suffer, because all my goals, all my positive thinking cannot bring back my son Tommy.  He was my right arm, my baby.  He was my son Stephen's best friend and My daughter Alison's heart.   My grandson is named after him: Thomas Alexander, "Alex". 

Losing your child is something you never get over.  Our children are our life and breath.

After Tommy died, there was no color in the world, only shades of black and white.  All I could do was to try and concentrate on taking one step at a time, forcing myself to make it through another day.
Tommy's memories motivate me to be a better person because I know that is what he would want.  I have life goals, like to write and be published, and  I believe I will accomplish my goals.  But through it all, Tommy will forever be in my thoughts and in my heart.

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Big warm comforting hugs, Noel. May Tommy live on in your heart forever.