Sunday, November 7, 2010

Marathon

I have been obsessed with the New York City Marathon today.  Thousands of runners and only a few to be publicly declared "winners".  But in reality most of the runners are "winners" for reaching their own personal goals; I congratulate everyone of them!

I was so excited to see Edison Pena cross the finish line.  He was one of the trapped Chilean miners. He ran every day through the dark tunnels, not knowing if that day was his last, singing his favorite Elvis Presley songs.  He had a goal of running the marathon under 6 hours and he achieved that goal; he is a true inspiration! 

I set a goal in September to run a marathon this coming May 2011.  I am going to finish that marathon...maybe I won't win a medal, but I am determined to achieve my goal.  Who knows, maybe someday I will be one of the thousands that run the New York City Marathon.


Congratulation Edison Pena!

All I do know is that life can be an exciting adventure, if we accept the challenge!

No comments: