Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Well Christmas day is almost here the most hectic wonderful time of the year.  It is also my birthday; I will be moving on up in my 50's even though I feel more like 30.

I was supposed to run 4 miles this morning, but I had so much to do that after 1 1/2 miles I stopped so that I could attend to my "to do list".  This evening I tried to finish my 4 miles but the treadmill belt was loose so I only made it to 2 1/2 miles.  I will ask my son Steve to help me tighten the belt tomorrow; meanwhile I plan on running on the Columbian Trail in the morning. 

I know that Christmas day is a day of family, a day of celebration.  But Christmas day is also my birthday.  Most of my friends on Facebook will be enjoying their Christmas celebrations, so I won't get many "Happy Birthdays" on Facebook and that is as it should be..Christmas is for family; knowing others have such joy is a gift to me.

I did buy a big brownie today that is decorated in Christmas colored sparkles; my "Birthday Brownie".  

I wish everyone a Joyous Christmas and a Properous New Year!  I look forward to 2011.  I am running the New York City Half Marathon on March 20th ( for Fred's Team) and my first Marathon in May 2011.

Life is never dull, I have never been bored in all my 50+ years.  I look forward to the future; there is so much to explore, so much to learn, so much to do!

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Merry Christmas and happy Christmas birthday Noel! Age is merely a number and I'm glad you're feeling so good! Enjoy that birthday brownie and the warmth of family and friends, here's to a wonderful and exciting 2011!