Saturday, August 27, 2011

Good Night Irene, Goodnight Irene I'll see you in my Dreams (or Nightmares)!

Well, this past week I have been battling illness and unable to run and bike as I planned.   Yesterday I was able to ride my bike for 6 miles and take an easy 2 mile walk.  I planned on running about 2 miles this morning, but did not get up until almost 10am...I never sleep that late!  Maybe it is time for me to recognise the fact that my body needs rest and time to heal.

Hurricane Irene is heading towards New Jersey!  I guess I am ready.  I have 2 flashlights, peanut butter, bread, water, dog food and treats for my doggies, cat food for Beauregard my kitty, fresh fruit and..... my Rosary beads.  I am not crazy about being alone for this...I have never had to face a storm like this alone.  I always had my children, neighbors, husband and friends around me when I faced disaster.  At my mom's house here in New Jersey I feel so lonely.  I know I have friends and neighbors here who will be there for me, but they are not steps away like they are in Pennsylvania. 

Eventually I will get back on track with my workouts and all will be fine.  I just cannot wait to get through the next 24 hours!  I hope Irene turns out to be a much tamer storm than currently predicted.  I hope that everyone gets through this storm without harm.

My mother turned 91 today.  She didn't seem to understand that we were facing a major storm, but she did seem to understand that it was her birthday.  My mother is in the late stages of Dementia.  When I told her she was 91 she shrugged her shoulders, smiled and said,"Oh well, we all have to die someday!". 


Happy 91st birthday mom!


Mom at age 17

Life is wonderful regardless of the hurdles we have to face.  Whether it is a illness or mother nature.  I am hunkering down for Irene and I am hoping and praying that everyone is safe!

No comments: