Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Weekend....

Well, I was looking forward to running at least 8 miles this weekend and biking about 30 miles.  However, Thursday night my daughter called me to remind me I was baby sitting from Friday until Sunday.  I cannot run (unless it is on the "dreadmill"..which is now in storage until winter) or bike when my precious grandson Alex is here.  Oh well, running and biking can wait ...plus my hip is hurting again and a couple days off would probably do me a world of good.  I have started doing my hip exercises again..they are so boring..100 times on each side!   It is so boring doing an exercise that calls for 100 repetitions on each side...boring, but necessary if I want my hip to be better!

My son Steve was coming over this weekend and he decided to come over Friday and Saturday too. 

So I had two wonderful, handsome young men spending the weekend with me; my two favorite guys...Steve and Alex!  Running and biking can wait until next week!

Early Saturday Steve went up on the roof, hoping to fix all the leaks.  It looked good until the drenching rains came later Saturday night resulting in two very drippy leaks!  Steve is adamant that he can get the leaks under control and I believe him.  After all, the alternative is to replace the roof at a cost of $8,000.00. 

Steve, Alex and I had a great weekend in spite of the rain, the roof and my laptop...yes my laptop died on Saturday around 12 noon.  There was no way we could resuscitate it....it was deceased!  But we were in luck when we went to Walmart later in the afternoon because Walmart had a clearance sale on HP desk top computers.  I bought a wonderful desk top for $350.00 and Steve set it up for me...it is a beautiful computer!  I love it!

I am pleased that my "scheduled runs/bike rides" had to be altered.  I had a wonderful weekend instead with the two best guys in my life! 

My two guys...Steve and Alex "walking" together at the Ken Lockwood Gorge in New Jersey.

No comments: