Thursday, August 11, 2011

58!

I wrote about Jane Fonda and how disgusted I was that she thinks she is an example to women because she lives a "healthy" lifestyle after having major plastic surgery.  Lately she minimizes the surgery saying it was just the "bags under her eyes"...but if you research it, you will find she had her eyes, jowls and neck done.  I think she looks like her face is stretched and distorted.  She looked so good in the movie "Georgia Rules"..I thought she was a beautiful role model for all women.  Then she got plastic surgery. 

Why is it so "horrible" that we get wrinkles?  Why are drooping jowls so bad?  Life and gravity are constantly taking a toll on our bodies.  What was "up north" begins to move "down south".  That is the natural course of events and it signals experience, maturity, knowledge and wisdom.  Why don't we value aging as most past generations have?  There is so much to learn from the past, maybe that is why our economy is in so much trouble..we have not paid attention to history, if we had, we might have avoided the current crisis.

Life is wonderful!  I wish my Tommy had the chance to live his life beyond a mere 31 years.  He was an amazing man; he made mistakes but he learned from them and became a better person because of them.  I miss him all the time and I live each moment in his honor.  Each day, each year, is a precious gift.  I "earn"  more wrinkles, more sagging jowls each year and I "wear" them with pride!  

I think of my Aunt Mamie..who was the most beautiful woman I have ever known.  She was married to Elston Beaty, the first Mayor of Califon, New Jersey and was 80 years old when I was born.  She gave me my "lady lessons" from the time I was 4 until I was 6 years old. She embraced her gray hair (that once was red) and her wrinkles and she was still a stunning and beautiful woman.


My beautiful Aunt Mamie at 86 years old.

 
I am proud of my wrinkles and drooping jowls.  I have lived the past half of my life to the fullest and I intend to live the next half (God willing) of my life even fuller!  How I live my life is far more important than how I look...and I think I look pretty dam good!!!!



Live life to the fullest..like it is the only one you will ever have!

No comments: