Saturday, August 6, 2011

Running Thoughts



I often wonder what other runners think about when they are running.  Do they listen to music, do they contemplate life or are they thinking of the next race?  Any thoughts are certainly important and meaningful. 

For me, I love the tranquil moments as I run on the Columbia trail or on the trails at Vorhees State Park.  I think about my family, my work, friends and others who are in need of prayers.  Lately, I have been praying my daily Rosary during my morning runs.  I do not have millions of dollars, but I can offer my prayers for those in need.

I like to run alone and I really like it if I am the only one running on the trail.  I often feel disheartened when other runners pass me, some of them even pass me twice.  When I pray, I stop worrying about other runners.  As a result, my running has improved; my pace is getting a little faster each day.

I love morning runs! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,

I read about you in Run Your Butt Off! I am 57 and always looking to read about runners my own age. I am slow and also sometimes wonder what I am doing at my age running. You are an encouragement; keep on running and praying as you go.