Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Horrified

I just had to write a short post here about hurricane Irene.  Irene caused havoc in the state of New Jersey as well as many others, especially Vermont...it was not a "little rain storm" as some "commenters" have made on the Internet.  Who are these people?  What planet do they live on?  Certainly not the world I know...

For instance  some comments:

mcfinex
mcfinexAugust 30, 2011 at 5:21AM

The Star Ledger should correct all of it's headlines. A Hurricane didn't hit NJ. It was a Tropical Storm. So stop the hype!!!

Vested
Vermont: You're faking it.

Signed, The Tea Party.

4 comments:

alphamom said...

Thank you for your comments. I live in Vermont-it is terrible for many people who have lost everything but their lives.Their homes will probably not be covered by insurance and for many of us that is all we have

Grammie Brown said...

My heart goes out to all who have lost so very much after Irene. Vermont has been devastated and it will take a long time to rebuild....but I am sure this experience will forever change those who have suffered! I am hopeful more people will contribute towards the relief efforts. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I live in Alabama... Hurricanes are horrible and it's awful that the north east finally understands what we go through down here.

TxOkWa said...

I agree...I teach 8th grade Math and showed some of the photos of the aftermath to some of my classes. No matter that it wasn't a hurricane, Irene caused so much destruction and heartache to all in her path. My heart and prayers go out to all in the Northeast affected by the storm.