Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jog in the Snow!

Today was a balmy 40 degrees.....yahoo!  I couldn't wait to get outside!  

First I went to Vorhees State Park, the entrance was not blocked off by cones for the first time in a week.  However, the road was ice covered and looked down right dangerous!

I then went to the Columbian Trail.  I parked in High Bridge and started my jog on the Columbian Trail.  The path was clear at first, but soon turned completely snow covered.  The snow was thick and kinda mushy!  I trudged on, first walking then going back into a little jog.  I felt so happy finally being back on the trail I love!  I stopped to look at the Lake Solitude Falls...just beautiful!!



Then I plowed on wishing it were Spring.  I went around a curve and peered down at the chicken coop.  I was happy to see the chickens are surviving this wicked winter!

 A little further was a view of the Raritan river; it looked lovely framed by ice and snow.


I turned around to look for foot prints to follow on my way back to my car. 



Maybe it is still winter...a cold, snowy winter...but today did bring a hint of spring!  It was a glorious day for a jog in the snow!

No comments: