Thursday, February 24, 2011

Money, Money, Money.......$....


I started this blog with the idea that I would keep a record of my goal of running again after almost 30 years.  I have accomplished my initial goal of running 30 minutes straight; I now run over an hour without stopping. 

For 2011 I am committed to running a 5K in March, a Half Marathon in May, the Warrior Dash in June and a Marathon in November. 

I follow many running blogs, all make me laugh, are inspirational and have great ideas.  None have thousands of followers and I suspect they don't make thousands of dollars on their Blogs a month.

There was an article in the New York Times about some Bloggers that apparently make quite a bit of $ a month:

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/23/queens-of-the-mom-blog-kingdom/?scp=1&sq=mom%20blogs&st=cse

It is nice that people reap financial rewards, but if you are passionate about what you Blog, then I think $ should not be your first consideration.  I read Blogs that inspire me to be a better runner, a better person...I do not care what ads they have or what "give-a-ways" they sponsor..if they sponsor one and I love the Blog, I will promote that "give-a-way".  I do not believe any Blog I promote is primarily interested in making $.  I believe they want to reach out to other runners and share their goals and experiences; they hope to inspire. 

If I inspired even one person to run, then my Blog has been worthwhile and I am satisfied.  I think running is contagious...once you start you cannot stop.  Hopefully many people will catch the "running fever"!  It is really good for your health!

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Noel youre progressing so beautifully with your running! Very inspiring for sure.