Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Blues

It is another snowy, icy day in New Jersey.  I stayed home from work and longed for warmer weather.  I wanted the ice and snow to go away so that I could have a day off work doing the things I love to do...like running outside....or riding my mountain bike on the Columbian Trail....or hiking in the woods.  It seemed such a shame to waste my "time" on a day like today.
No, not this...............
 

......this!  Ahhh, sunny and warm!

Early this afternoon I reluctantly began my scheduled run on the treadmill. I started off thinking I will only run 2 miles...then I thought I will run 3miles..then, well I forgot that I hated the treadmill and stopped thinking about mileage. I began to visualize running on the Columbian Trail on a warm, sunny day. The 2.5 mile mark just before the railroad bridge where I turn around...then my 3.5 mile mark just before the little bridge...the 4 1/2 mile maker at the chicken-coop. I was running my familiar route! If the weather outside is frightful, then I can still "delightfully" run inside...what a fun way to brush off my "winter blues"!





No comments: