Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What to do...?

I withdrew from the NYC Half Marathon 2011 because of problems with my hip.  I am hoping to be able to run the NYC Marathon for Fred's Team.  If I don't run the NYC Marathon, then I will run the NYC Half Marathon for Fred's Team in 2012.

I planned on running the River Towns Marathon in May, but I don't know if I will be ready.  I have been thinking of switching to the Half Marathon.

Then there is the St Luke's Half Marathon in Pennsylvania in May; entries are closed except for the charity "My Supporting Our Neighbors During Tragedy".  My friend Cheryl is registered for the St Luke's Half Marathon, I am sure she will run much faster than me!  I am thinking about entering and showing my support for my neighbors, even if I finish last!

I am keeping up with my training schedule on the treadmill, but I need to get outside and be able to safely run.  I have to say that I find running out side much more enjoyable and much easier than running on a treadmill.  My pace is faster running outside!  So every run I finish on the treadmill is essentially keeping my time slower.  I need to get back outside; but without the ice and snow.  Running on the roads where I am is just not safe! The weather reports indicate warmer weather is coming my way so I look forward to getting back out there!

I want to schedule some races..should I do more 5Ks, half marathons?   Any advice from seasoned runners is welcomed!

Oh, to run on a trail without ice or snow...paradise!!!!!!

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

I'm hoping to run outside tomorrow for the first time in awhile. If your goal is endurance plan on some halts. If you want to work on speed do some shorter races. A mix of both would be good.

I've got something nice for you on my 2/14 post. : )