Sunday, March 14, 2010

grammie gets a life

Hello to probably no one,
My name is Noel Carol Brown...known as Gammie to my one and only grandchild Thomas Alexander (Alex)Lendvai. I live in my mother's home in New Jersey. My husband Tom and I came here 3 years ago to take care of my mother after her first stroke. We thought we would be here about 3-6 months. Well, mom had more strokes, my husband Tom was diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer..and well...mom is now well cared for in a wonderful nursing home...my husband died June 9, 2008 on what would have been our 35th wedding anniversary (if we hadn't divorced and re-married..more about that later).
I am going to run again. I am following a schedule I found through Runner's World Magazine. I will be starting week 6 tomorrow..run 9 minutes, walk 2 minutes times 2, then run 8 minutes (not including the warm-up and cool-down). I am so proud that I have made it this far...even if I am using my treadmill. I Loved running...but life took over and I stopped for a while (20 years).
It stopped raining for now in New Jersey. I swear I felt several earthquake/tremors this morning similar to the ones we had last month. But not to worry, they will not deter me from my morning runs tomorrow. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
I suppose I should go back to my Yoga Class tomorrow too. I am going to be going on a retreat with Sarah Powers Memorial Day weekend at Kripalu. I cannot wait..it should be g-r-e-a-t.
So what if I am a "chubby" 50-some year old grandmother. I can still have a life.

No comments: