Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunny Day

I ran my 9 minute run with 2 minute walk times two, plus an 8 minute run (equals 30 minutes)...warm up and cool down extra (equals another 8 minutes; 38 minutes total). Felt pretty great...sweat and all. I usually begin my "run" around 6:30am. Then it is time to check my emails, put the dogs out, eat breakfast,clean up after the dogs, feed the dogs their breakfast, put the dogs back inside, take a shower, iron my shirt, get dressed, take out the garbage and get in my car and drive to work.
When I finally took my lunch today (at 2:30 pm) I ran some errands and then took a 30 minute walk on the Columbia Trail. What an awesome day...the sun was shining and the sun's rays were so warm. The sky was a true blue with hardly a cloud. Numerous turtles were sunning themselves on logs by the Raritan River. It was a wonderful, quiet respite during a day of hearing about one problem after another (fortunately we were able to find solutions to most problems).
I work in a field where I encounter so many people forced to deal with tremendous obstacles on a daily basis. Maybe they are diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and they have no functional use of their arms and/or legs. Maybe they have suffered some traumatic brain injury as a result of an accident, and cannot walk, talk or take care of their own basic needs. Believe me, I count my blessings every day. I am so grateful that I am able to walk without assistance..that I can run without assistance. I feel so lucky...even after suffering the lose of my wonderful son Tommy and my husband Tom...I know I am one lucky Grammie. I do not ever want to waste one second of this life.

No comments: