Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tired, but motivated

I did my 9 minute run/1 minute walk X 3, plus my warm-up and cool-down. I made it, but I was so tired. I am not sure why. I wanted to stop after 20 minutes, but I kept going,then at 30 minutes I kept running for another minute. I felt as though I was in a double-bind, I wanted to run, but I didn't want to run. I was tired but I really felt motivated to run.
Today I couldn't take a lunch break at work. I had so much work to do that I just pushed myself to get all my tasks completed. I didn't feel as though I had energy because I was tired, but I had motivation.
As tired as my body felt, I had no trouble talking. I did a lot of talking today, I talked about this and that and talked some more. I made more phone calls today than I usually make in a week. I am soft-spoken, more an observer than an active participant, but I was not an observer today; my tongue was wagging!
Tonight I came home, put the dogs outside, brought them inside, fed them, put my dinner in the steamer and then went for a 30 + walk at the park, it was great! I still felt a little tired, but I had the motivation to walk.
I am glad tomorrow is one of my "rest days".
Konrad Adenauer said "All parts of the human body get tired eventually - except the tongue". That is a perfect description of me today, my body was tired but my tongue was full of energy. Thank god for motivation!

No comments: