Sunday, March 28, 2010

They're Back!

About 5 or 6 years ago I began to notice something about my body. My mid-section became wider and rounder and my hips and waist disappeared. My butt disappeared too, replaced by a great big triangle. Someone told me that this often happens to women when they reach menopause.

Today I completed week 7 from Runners World's Mark Will-Webber's 10 Week Beginning Running Training Plan. I feel like I have so much more energy and I am so excited that I ran 10 minutes straight (not just 9) without any problem.

Because I wanted to see if my body was changing I forced myself to look in the mirror. I am happy to announce that I have indeed located my waist and my hips. They are still in the beginning stages of formation, but they are there! I also found that my butt has returned, no longer is there a big triangle, just a big butt! I am thrilled, I feel like I just discovered a new solar system.

Dan Quayle said: "It's time for the human race to enter the solar system" (well, what do you expect from Dan Quayle?). But I would say: "This human has discovered her own solar system as she takes time to enter the race to run 30 minutes straight!".

No comments: