Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Running outside

This week I joined a First Strides group this morning and I was excited to see so many wonderful women; women of all ages, shapes and sizes. Some actually have participated in First Strides before and loved it so much that they came back a second time. Now that is impressive!

I was happy to find that I had no trouble with the the 4 minute walk/1 minute run X 3, plus 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down. The track was soft and had only slight inclines. But my goodness was it cold outside...BUR-R-R-R-R! I am so glad warmer weather is coming!

Tonight I completed my 13 minute run/2 minute walk (plus warm-up and cool-down) on the treadmill. I felt very energized; it was such a stress release after an afternoon of "problems" at work.

I love running!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so glad the sun has returned to the East Coast! I can't wait to continue on with my week 8 on the treadmill and 2 more out door run/walks(for First Strides). Life is really good!

No comments: